Its the end of my 4th week interning at the law firm. I entered into the firm with some trepidation, as it was not my first choice, and i had heard nothing much of this firm. I didn't expect much, and i expected to be bored outta my mind.
I was DEAD wrong.
There are some days of course, where you get bored. Like today :p. But the experiences this firm has given me far surpasses anything any other firm could've offered me. The things i've done, i can't even mention here as they are highly confidential, and that tells you something in itself. I've been so insanely lucky, that i don't blame my friends if they think my experiences are tall tales. I have one of the nicest bosses ever. He maintains a professional distance, but he never scolds nor rasises his voice, and the best part is that he knows what kind of work i can and cannot handle. There are times i've felt overburdened, yes, but those periods are few and far between, and let's face it, i'm a bum so i'll always be allergic to work.
So yes, sometimes its sucky to be so tired and not have your weekdays to yourself. But the excitement makes up for it, at least thats what the me of today will testify to. I don't know about the future though. I'm not sure if i'd be given the same opportunities in the future. I'm not even sure if the same things will still excite me. I know the lawyers who were with me on one occasion did not seem as thrilled as i was. They were more concerned about work. And fair enough, that is their job. I'm just not certain if thats what i want to become.
And oh. The lawyers haven't really had a weekend to themselves in quite awhile.....
Thursday, June 10, 2010
The Path from Hereon
Posted by Tharish at 7:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment