Friday, August 28, 2009

Scalpel, please.

I'm not sure if it was the combination of fasting and codeine, but Dima and I got high again. It was one of those legendary funny days where Dima and I just sat at a bench after class and laughed and acted silly.

After attempting to get started on our project papers (yay to my three paragraphs!), we headed to Shah Alam for ice kacang with Karth. Ron joined us and he made an amusing comment on how us girls were the law school version of Grey's Anatomy. I knew it was coming, but he said it anyway: that i was the Christina of the group.

I'm not sure why it should sound like an insult, but it feels like it is. Christina Yang's character isn't the one everyone likes. But she is the most successful one, being serious and deathly ambitious. I suppose i am not exactly dissimilar. I don't strive for popularity. Not in the regular sense at least. I'd rather be known for some skill than to be known for just being 'that really nice girl'. I won't say i'm deathly ambitious. I am somewhat ambitious, but i don't work as hard, or push myself the way Christina does. I believe i'm the kind of person who takes time out to smell the flowers. I don't spend my weekends in the law libary, though i sometimes i do spend my nights there. I maybe intimidating at times, but i swear i never do it knowingly. But i guess, the best part of Christina is how loyal she is to her friends, especially how she's always there for Meredith Grey. I hope that my friends think that of me, because i'd like to think that my friends can count on me for anything. Except changing their tyres of course. I'd call AAA for that =)

Besides, Christina gets left at the altar. But then, being soberly single is almost as bad now, isn't it?

2 comments:

Firewabbit said...

ey babe. u r... tharish that i met during asyraf's bday right ?

Tharish said...

Yup! Thanks for dropping by at the blog!