27 hours of travel. Go figure.
1. The experience of listening to the intro (where the guitars and and drums are just banging furiously in beautiful harmony) of Coldplay's Politik whilst the plane runs really fast across the tarmac and lifts off is just amazing. I don't know how to describe it. Its just this mad rush that makes you feel so alive.
2. I used to love traveling. I used to love flying. Until i spent 8 hours, then 17 on a Qatar Airways flight. Now i'm a lot more sceptical. Travel is great, but i don't think i'll look forward to it the way i did before.
3. I cannot study on planes. Or in airports. I may be able to read some fiction, but that is it.
4. Not all airports in the world have expensive food. Some have standard prices. And then there's Doha where regular fries are around RM15.
5. Travelling with friends can be fun. But there's just so much you can talk about. It might, at times, come down to a discussion about bodily functions you thought you'd never have with each other.
6. I cannot eat, and then sleep while flying. Nausea ensues. It never came down to actually using the barf bag, thank god.
7. I need to learn to not be so shy when i need food. Then i might actualy get Doritos with salsa.
8. Apparently there is no difference between being a lacto-ovo vegetarian and a normal one. I still get fruit for desert, instead of some scrumptious cake, etc.
9. There is a variety of ways to keep you occupied in the airport. Duty free is 90% of it.
10. I suck at math.
11. I like kids, as much as try to deny it. And they love me back. It's a win-win, as long as they're not mine.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
What I Learnt In 27 Hours
Posted by Tharish at 9:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment