Fact: Everyone complains about getting older.
Fact: So have I.
Fact: But what about getting younger?
As corny as it is for me to talk about a Brad Pitt movie, the Curious Case of Benjamin has had me thinking these past few days. Maybe because of the coincidence in time of me watching it- i've just turned 22, but maybe getting younger all the time might not be such a good idea. I've met people across life's journey who are of an age where you'd expect a certain level of maturity from them. Yet the maturity displayed can at times be shocking- i know it's all about being young at heart and all, but really, should all the time you've spent on this earth be not be used for anything?
Turning older can, at times, suck ass. I suppose anyone who has gone through being 22 will admit that it gets scary hereonafter. 22 becomes 23 becomes 24..... Yeah. I think John Mayer encapsulates this feeling so well in Stop This Train.
"So scared of getting older
I'm only good at being young
So I play the numbers game
To find a way to say that life has just begun"
But do i really want to be younger? I'm not so sure. There's a certain novelty about being young, or at least being younger than the average age in the room.
Well, there's nothing that we can do about huh? Let's at least make the time we've spent worth it today.
_________________________________________________
V-Day.
Never celebrated.
This year's the same.
The loneliness never ceases. But this year it's amplified by the people around me. Not because everyone's couply and all lovey dovey. But because everyone's the same.
And loneliness strikes the heart more piercingly when it finds it echoed so loudly around it.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
The Inevitable
Posted by Tharish at 11:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey was actually browsing ppl's blog..found u..love the article on getting older stuff..it made me think also after watching Benjamin Button..ermm..cheers x
Thanks for dropping by and actually reading. Glad you enjoyed the silly scrible. Cheers!
Post a Comment