Monday, October 20, 2008

The Link

I'm having problems focusing.

Actually, i've always had problem focusing. Maybe somewhere along the lines doctors should have diagnose me with ADD. Because my ability to get distracted is legendary.

Like right now. My morning classes have been cancelled, and i'm supposed to be studying for my uber hard (clue: everyone failed it last year) test. And yet here i am, blogging and facebooking like i didn't have a care in the world. La-Di-freakin'-Da.

My commitment to something was recently brought up. And its not exactly the first time i've been on the receiving end of such comments. And here's my problem: I Like Too Many Things. And the fact is, i tend to do moderately well at these things.

So yes, as cliche as this sounds, i've ended up being Jack of All Trades, Master to... None.

I don't want to choose. It's almost like asking me to choose which leg i'd like to amputate. Both work fine, but if i cut one off, i'll be able to be the best skipper around, instead of a pretty ok runner. Ok, bad analogy, but you get my drift.

I could always push myself to the limit. Study my arse off, start practicing and performing more music, read up and do more research for debates, and slot in time for daily moot practice. Oh, and let's not forget my commitment to Vox.

Forget any R&R and social life. Forget shopping trips and hours watching tv shows on my laptop.
Forget about getting a boyfriend cause i'd never have enough time and attention to give out.

So do i have it in me?

3 comments:

Booties said...

No, Tharish, don't think you have no time for a boyfriend. Of course you do. And I have the perfect candidate for you ;D :D :D :D :D
HAHAHA! Give it a chance :D :D :D

Naquira Rafi said...

go tharish~!!

Tharish said...

I'm gonna guess that Booties is... Ann Jie.

N thanks Dima!