Sunday, August 31, 2008

She May Run.... But She May Return Too.

Greetings to the army of one. Ah, i see a gentlemen lurking at the back. Looks like we've got quite a crowd today, all of two. Welcome, welcome.....

Yes, so i break promises about writing more often than i can make 'em. Its absolutely horrendous how one-tracked i can get when it comes to work. I'd like to proudly put up my hand when anyone asks 'So who here can multitask?' with the rest of the female population, but sadly, i've realised how when i am burdened with work, all i can think of is:

a. the work; and
b.'So what time do i get off and have some fun?'.

Thus, as you can clearly see, its either work or rest/fun, and nothing whatsoever to do with activities that are *gasp!* good for my wellbeing.

So whats life been these past few weeks?

Oh, the usual. Piles of work stacked up. Projects that needed full and immediate attention- usually those that involve me volunteering to be in it. The expected financial crisis that was averted thanks to bail out by Bank of D.A.D.D.Y. The odd love life drama or two. And let's not forget the crazy antics of the people around me.

Yep, it doesn't get any more normal than this in the crazy little world that i inhabit.

Out of the ordinary would be the recent NUS-UM Moot, where i managed to secure a tiny gold trophy that says: Best Oralist. Yes, i won it for being the best at doing something with my mouth....*winks*.


Now, as happy as i was at winning this (i'm not used to winning things that matter, you see..), i wasn't aware of the impact at first. I was happily traipsing around Singapore... no wait. I wasn't happy. All those cute clothes on sale that looked cheap until you convert it back to M'sian ringgit... that was painful. Managed to score a cute hat from a really cool store called FourSkin though =)

But anyways, back on track. I got back to my faculty Monday morning, and the word had spread. Proof: random people whom i don't even know their name congratulate me on the 'win'. Had my Deputy Dean parade me around for a bit during the talk by the ex-pm of India, Dr.A.P.J Abdul Kalam. Which was absolutely mortifying, mind you. Oh, and she plans on putting up a notice on the notice boards in the faculty soon. Geez.

I'm am not used to, nor do i enjoy being paraded like this. It really is nothing much, especially compared to some of the other achievements i've been lucky enough to reach, but never have i received so much fanfare. I suppose its because mooting is the premier activity of my chosen career, and thus my faculty does appreciate it. Unlike debates, where our achievements never make any of the headlines in uni, and we continue getting treated lower than most of the other student activities that represent the uni (read: atheletes).

I suppose i'm still trying to get over the bizarreness of it all. Let's hope people get bored real soon. After all, it isn't like its a juicy scandal..... People will get bored. Soon.

____________________________


At times, i've been accused of not knowing what i want.

I've been accused of being reckless for choosing to live in the moment.

I've been accused of ignoring the future.

But no, i do know what i want. I know exactly what i want. And that's the problem. Because i can't get what i want, i will settle for what i have right now and live for the moment. The future's too far away, and i will live my life the way it feels good right now.