I'm on the miserable side today.
For the first time ever since i've entered uni, i am on a proper semester break. Although i'm an RA (Research Assistant), and that in itself takes away some of time, its definitely more free time that i had last sem break, when i had to stay on campus for debate training and tournaments. Last semester, training started the day after my last paper, and i only came home from Thailand a week after the semester started. Yes, poor me.
The post-exams started out pretty ok. Actually it was quite fabulous, for a certain reason i shall not delve in here... but anyway. I was a little stressed from work, but at least i had the solace of returning home for some semblance of peace and quiet. I've actually had time to read and finish books these past few weeks, which is an accomplishment considering my dismal record since entering uni.
Not anymore.
My mom's unwell. Well, she has been unwell for awhile now, but she's thinking of admitting herself come tomorrow. Which means i have to takeover her duties. And to make matters worse, the whole family seems to be afflicted with some sort of sickness or another. Dad's in the grumpiest of grumpy moods cause he's sick, mom's a little bit cheerier, which means its up to me to be Miss Sunshine.
I'm stuck at home cause i haven't got much of an excuse to go out. I feel guilty just asking for permission to go out, and i know i'm gonna get an earful for even thinking about leaving the house while everyone's sick (i am now the healthiest member of the household).
Right now, i'd much rather be back at my residential college, back to the routine of spending weeknights and the occasional weekend there, instead of 24/7 here. I suppose i've gotten used to a certain lifestyle of freedom, of being able to go where i want, see who i want this past year. Not having that just makes me feel hemmed in, with no escape.
So i've got to keep it in for now. Keep in the fact that i'm miserable about my exams, miserable about missing someone, and miserable about being home all.the.time.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Vay-kay?
Posted by Tharish at 11:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment